Left on Thursday returned on Sunday!
Very fun hustle and bustle. Scattered thoughts are all that I have right now.
We stayed at the Santuccis 🙂 It was fun to see Evan’s family again and see Rosie again!! :T She still doesn’t love me. I guess I need to give her more treats and take her on long walks to bribe her into being my friend. We got to go to Boba TG again. Man. Being there really makes me want to own my own bakery 🙂 A small shop with tables for people to sit at. Play calming music. Sell little crafts and trinkets. Have little classes, regular customers. I wonder if I can get a part time job at a a bakery during the school year.
We went to several beaches, several piers, several watersides. I got to see people fishing actually catch fish! I must say, SF is pretty nice. Up north air is pretty clear. The weather is pleasant. I could get used to it. We ate at a cool food court. Pastilla is good. But its not something I would probably get again. Dolma is… interesting tasting… no thank you again. We finally got the famous Tucker’s ice cream. It tastes like a stiffer, more flavorful whipped cream 🙂 Its good… but for $3.25, once is enough.
But anyway… with all the going everywhere and doing the everythings, the best part was just getting to spend time with friends and family 🙂 Sitting in Barnes and Nobel looking at amazing pop-up books, reading really funny books on dragons, sorcerers, etc. Finding the ultimate Hello Kitty fan – a once in a life time opportunity. Talking in the car about stories we’ve written and TV shows we’ve dreamed up. Beating up a little Panda. Watching my friends play hunter. Playing Fluxx late at night. Driving in circles finding parking. Walking the streets late at night. I should have taken up the offer to play on the playground, but I didn’t want to make everyone wait :T Looking at old old antiques and laughing about the weirdest ones we could find.
Yup. That’s the best.
LTC was amazing! I highly encourage anyone who is considering going in following years to go 🙂
Some things I really enjoyed about how LTC was run:
- Beginning the week with a 2 hour quiet time – after all the hustle and bustle of finals, I really needed that time to sit and quite my heart
- Only having 1 message a day. I thought that was cool – having the rest of the day filled with workshops. The message really worked to tie things together
- Having lots of campus times where you could do whatever your campus chose to do 🙂
- Having the little elective workshops and Bible studies. I thought the idea of having the initiator’s story was an excellent idear
- I liked how we got to do community service by gardening for a woman who had breast cancer. We got the chance to talk with her and she made us chocolate chip cookies
Things I like about random things we did:
- Monday night we found the perfect spot for stargazing – I wish I could have done that every night… but I figured it was against the rules to sit out there by myself. The perfect spot at the oaks for stargazing: the playground 🙂
- Going cherry picking at a nearby farm
- Archery!!! I’m so amazed that Daniel hit that bottle cap…
- Seeing rounds and rounds of helicopters
- Hiking to the cross in the morning
- Zip lining
- Seeing two real live snakes!
Things I enjoyed about the people I met:
- Sitting on the swings and talking about spiritual gifts, sharing testimonies, and wondering big theological questions
- Sitting on couches and on the floor late at night discussing different Christian beliefs
- Talking late into the night about visions to see a passion for prayer and a passion for the global church
- Standing around talking about random random things
- Getting to know even more about some of my favorite people
- Getting to reconnect with old friends
- Overall just seeing a deep love for Christ and the Gospel in almost everyone I met – seeing people who were going through similar struggles in ministry and listening how they can put all their strength and trust in our Lord and savior
For some reason, even though I got to spend a wonderful week of great fellowship and training… I’m having a hard time processing life… whatever that means. I think there are too many things I want to do in life and not enough brain space to think about them.